A ‘Dream’ of a Day for Year 4
Year 4 are very excited to be performing Shakespeare’s ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ in June. As a lively kick-off to preparations, pupils enjoyed a day of workshops in which they learned about Shakespeare and explored the storyline and characters of the comedy.
– We hunted down and recorded biographical information about William Shakespeare.
– We learned about the original Globe theatre and its modern replica.
– We watched the animated version of A Midsummer Night’s Dream and compared it to the original version.
– We explored the characters and imagined our own physical depiction of Puck, Titania and Oberon.
– We explored the comedy characters, the Mechanicals, and imagined how they might look and sound.
– We developed our drama skills through voice and body work, based on the Mechanicals’ first scene.
What a stimulating start to the drama project! We can’t wait to perform the play!